Elfie

Welcome to blog hop number 110 our Favourite Holiday stamp set.  I'm cheating and using my card I made for a swap I was in at OnStage this year in Sydney and I am also including how I write up a card for classes.  




I've chosen Elfie as my stamp set from the Holiday Catalogue.  I just love his cheeky grin and the fact that he can be coloured in any colour that takes your fancy.  I've gone traditional but I do love him in Pool Party and Real Red.







Elfie

Stamps:

Elfie
Christmas Gleaming
Inks:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Old Olive
Delicata – Golden Glitz
Blends:
Mossy Meadow (L) & (D)
Soft Suede (L) & (D)
Daffodil Delight (L) & (D)
Ivory
Cardstock:
Merry Merlot
Whisper White
Mossy Meadow
DSP:
Brightly Gleaming Speciality
Other:
Subtle Embossing Folder
Layering Ovals Dies
Stitched Shapes Dies
Braided Linen Trim
Dimensionals
Multipurpose Glue
Blender Pen
Glue Dots

1.         Cut the Old Olive Cardstock lengthways in half for your base card.  Cut a piece of Merry Merlot and run it through the Big Shot using the Subtle Embossing Folder.  Attach to the base card.

2.         Cut a piece of DSP and shape it into a flag.  Wrap a length of Braided Linen Trim and tape behind the DSP.  Make a bow and attach using a Glue Dot. Attach to the embossed piece to the base card.

3.         Using a piece of Whisper White stamp the Elf using Memento Tuxedo Black  and run it through the Big Shot using a Stitched Shapes Die.  Take a piece of Merry Merlot and using a Layering Ovals Die and cut out.

4.         Stamp three bunches of Holly on to some scrap Whisper White.  Colour using Blends and a Blender Pen for the Merry Merlot on the hat and holly berries.  Stamp a couple of times the dots with Delicata – Golden Glitz.

5.         Lay the Elf on the Layering Oval Die and glue down.  Left this up using Dimensionals and attach to the card.  Attach the Holly Leaves and glue where they are on the Elf stamp and Dimensionals to lift it up on the DSP.

Inside of the card:
1.         Stamp a sentiment in Merry Merlot.  Stamp the Elf sitting under Santa’s workshop sign and colour using Blends and Merry Merlot Ink with a line of Daffodil Delight to light the sign and light.

So that's how I write up instructions for card classes.  When I am creating a card I have a basket that I put everything that I used into it.  That way I never forget to write down what I have used to make that card.



I hope this has been of some use to you.  Now let's hop on over and see what Narelle has made.



1 comment