Rare Blessings

Welcome to the Inkspired Blog Hop.  It's been awhile since I last posted so I'm super excited to be back in the game!




This blog hop I'm using the stamp set Rare Blessings.  Here is the challenge our Guru, Teneale Williams has set us.

My card has been rotated and I'm hoping this is ok for the hop.  I am floored at just how many 'things' I've used to create this card.  When I put together a card I don't think of what I am using but when you add up all the bits and pieces it appears to be a lot.

So here is my card and this is how I went about making it.

I've used Calypso Coral and Old Olive cardstock with some Bird Ballad DSP.  On the Old Olive I've run it through the Big Shot using the Scripty Embossing Folder to give the background some texture.  Around this I have tied Linen Thread and simply knotted it.

I've used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the flower in as I have used Blends to colour.  I've used Calypso Coral Light and Dark and Old Olive Light.  I'm not good at colouring but I am giving it my best shot!  The sad thing about it is I absolutely love colouring.  I have used the largest Stitched Nested Label to cut out the flower.  I love the detail around the edges of this set of Dies.

I've stamped using Old Olive on to a scrap piece of card and punched it out using the Calssic Label Punch.  The sentiment comes from Itty Bitty Greetings.


Putting it together.  The DSP is glued to the Calypso Coral base card with the Old Olive embossed piece glued directly to that.  I've used Dimensionals to lift the Stitched Nested Label up and glued the punched out sentiment to the die cut out and placed a small dimensional on the embossed card to help hold it up.

The inside of the card I have kept very simple.  I've stamped Just for You from the Rare Blessings stamp set in Old Olive and taken a flower from the same set and stamped in the corner.  It is coloured the same as the front.


I hope you've enjoyed my card and will make one yourself.  

Now let's hop on over to see what Sharon has come up with.



2 comments

  1. Lovely card. I think that stamp set is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jo - my sister loves orchids so this would be a fav of hers.xx

    ReplyDelete