Paper Pumpkin altered book

Paper Pumpkin Altered Book

I've recently started a job at a new school and the Assistant Principal has been so lovely to me.  I see her writing copious notes in staff meetings and Professional Development Days so thought I would make her an altered book that she could use.  Hopefully it brings her some joy!


To say we were excited here in Australia to get Paper Pumpkin is an understatement!  I have made a card following the instructions and then used them in all manner of ways.  As I sit here I'm thinking today is the last day to order this kit so maybe I should order one more.  I really do love it.

Forgive me but I have used some retired products.  I just can't bring myself to sell or give it away!  Anyway I'm glad I've kept it as it is still wonderful to pull out retired stuff and use it.  I have also used some DSP from Bird Ballard which is the Petal Pink polka dot paper.  


I've cut up an envelope from the Paper Pumpkin kit and then used one of the Stitched Nested Label Dies using Old Olive to back it.  That swallow is from the kit too.  It is just stunning!  The embossing folder is Layered Leaves which is carrying over.  The ribbon is as old as!  I had four Old Olive ribbons I could have used.  A hoarder I know.  I have also used the Subtle embossing folder too.



I need to Thank Delys Cram here as it was at a Christmas gathering for her team that she demonstrated these altered books and then let us have a go at making our own.  I went straight to Warehouse Stationery and bought a bundle of the notebooks.  I have brought them to Australia where we now live and use them regularly.  I made them for my Year 12 girls in Home Economics as a goodbye/good luck gift.  I've looked all over for them but am unable to find them anywhere.  Only four left, so if you get one you must be very special.


I hope I have inspired you to have a go.

No comments