Rooted in Nature







Welcome to Inkspired blog hop.  The girls have certainly produced some wonderful cards for this hop.



I've decided to use Rooted in Nature as I know it is carrying over into the next catalogue, so it will give us another year to play with.  I've certainly used it a lot.  The dies are so useful I find myself using them in lots of cards I make, especially the leaves and dies for them.



My base card is Crumb Cake with a slightly smaller piece cut and run through the Big Shot using the Subtle embossing folder to add some texture.  Floral Romance Speciality DSP tied in beautifully with what I had in mind.  I will miss this DSP when it retires!

On the Whisper White cardstock I've stamped the cut log using Sahara Sand ink and on a piece of scrap I stamped the tree using Mossy Meadow ink and used the die to cut it out.  The DSP and Whisper White are glued down flat using Tombow.  The cut out tree is popped up using Dimensionals.  I have wrapped Old Live Linen Thread around the card a couple of times and tied a bow.

My sentiment has come from Itty Bitty Greetings and stamped in Mossy Meadow on Sahara Sand.  It is glued flat on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock and popped up with Dimensionals.  The card front was then glued to the base card of Crumb Cake.

Inside I have cut a thin strip of the DSP to tie it all in and stamped the tree off before stamping onto the Whisper White cardstock.  I used the sentiment from Rooted In Nature "words are never enough."  I stamped this using Crumb Cake ink.

I hope you have enjoyed stopping by my blog, I'm absolutely loving having one and hope that you might find some inspiration here.

Now head on off to our guru Teneale Williams!  I know you will be wowed by what she has produced.


No comments